It didn't take me long to think of 12 reasons why my dashing boyfriend & I should be the chosen pair. Check them out (& wish me luck)...
1. I'm already an established blogger. The Style Rawr has been going for 2 years & we have a great following, we've even been nominated for the occasional blog award! I love to write & along with fashion, I have a real passion for travel. Keeping a daily blog wouldn't phase me at all.
2. We could handle the glittering lights of Tokyo & shop without dropping. We'd be keen (understatement of the year) to try out all the latest gadgets & like Gwen Stefani, I've always been fascinated by the awesome style of the girls in Harajuku! Super Kawaii.
3. We're seasoned travellers. My boyfriend & I have done a fair bit of backpacking (we've been to over 26 countries between us) so we won't run out of steam or become even remotely homesick after 2 & a half weeks in Japan...We'd actually be in our element!
4. Our favourite thing about travelling is experiencing new cultures & learning about the history of a country. We desperately want to stay in a ryokan & sample Japanese traditions. There are so many sights & landmarks to see!
5. Language isn't a barrier for us. The fact we don't speak Japanese won't be an issue. We've travelled throughout South America without knowing any Spanish. We're fast learners & I'm pretty nifty with a phrasebook.
6. We love taking photos & we're not camera shy. You should see our Facebook photos, talk about snap happy.
7. Bullet trains. During a hike on the Inca Trail, we befriended a Turkish man who had recently been to Japan. He shared lots of stories about the country & introduced us to the concept of bullet trains. The idea of travelling on one of these ultra fast trains is now firmly set in our minds, it would be incredible!
8. We love to try new food. If we were selected we'd look forward to tasting the Japanese cuisine & then telling the world all about it. How delicious does this Sushi look!?
9. I'm a self-confessed social media junkie. If we won this trip I'd be blogging, vlogging, tweeting & pinning all over the place. I'd definitely make everyone aware of InsideJapan Tours & how amazing Japan is.
10. We love nature. Google tells us Kamikochi national park is absolutely beautiful but we'd love to experience it first hand. We only imagine how beautiful the landscape must look with all the red Autumn leaves in bloom...
11. We've heard Japan is one of the friendliest countries on the planet. Several friends have gushed about how kind & friendly the Japanese are. We'd really like the opportunity to mix with the locals to see if this is true!
12. Japan is #1 on our 'places to visit' list so we're extremely enthusiastic. If InsideJapan Tours were to pick us they definitely wouldn't be disappointed. There's nothing more exciting than exploring a new country & we're convinced our excitement would encourage others to visit Japan too!
...Please pick us!